Firefox Problem

Mark Smith

Not a LabVIEW Problem!!! Read at your own risk :frusty:

I have created a LabVIEW application that creates an HTML page for documentation purposes (modeled after doxygen) for my LabVIEW projects. I have included links that allow the user to click the link to a VI and open the source file in the development environment. This works fine and opens the Firefox "open with" dialog and I can then use LabVIEW to open the VI. However, I also have links to the LabVIEW project and class files (.lvproj and .lvclass extensions). The .vi extension is a binary, but the .lvproj and .lvclass files are xml. Firefox opens these links as text without ever opening the "open with" dialog and giving me a chance to select the LabVIEW IDE to open them with. How do I get (can I get) Firefox to not open these as text and instead give me a chance to use the IDE to open them?

Mark

also posted at http://support.mozil...forum/1/509984?

This might be the right direction to start in: http://support.mozil...ging+file+types

The problem is that Firefox never gives me a chance to do any of that stuff - it just opens the .lvproj file as XML in the browser. I think one might be able to hack the Firefox .rdf file and get this to work, but that's not very useful for my customers. This type of link works fine in Internet Explorer (at least version 6 - that's the latest I've got at work) so I think that maybe this is just a bug in Firefox. It makes a decision about the data as soon as it sees the XML tag without allowing for any other interpretation.

Thanks for the link,

Mark