Have you ever done this?

Daryl

Ok, I just spent over an hour troubleshooting a problem that made no sense at all. To make a long story short, I am using the quotient& remainder function and some simple logic to determine every 1 second of Igniton=on time from a data file.

Anyhow, I have a type def with several doubles in it that I read from shift register, modify, and write back to shift register in a certain state of a state machine.

I needed to add another double to the type def so, open type def, select a double, ctrl+drag, rename and you have a new double in your type def, right?

So, I start running the program and checking things out and my new double has values that just dont make any sense at all. I can see what I am writing to it and where I am writing to it but the value I am writing is not what I am getting out when I read it in the next iteration of the loop.

Turns out, I must not have had the ctrl key pressed all the way down when I dragged and renamed my new double in the type def so all I really did was rename the original double which was then getting written to again in another state of the state machine!!!!

DOH!!!!!

:frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

[set groan alert = True]

One of my wifes war stories.

IN th days of DOS...

There was a command that created a folder and then set the defaul to same. There was also an option that could be set in the boot file to show the default as part of teh prompt. Customer wanted create a floder for teh Public Utilit Comision PUC. He tried and did not see teh prompt change. treied again an no change. Call in my wife. she found the default was not set in the boot file so he he had a path of C:/PUC/PUC/PUC/PUC...

Her bnoss asked what the problem was. She said "oh he had the directory structure all PUC-ed up."

Ben

[set groan alert = True]

One of my wifes war stories.

IN th days of DOS...

There was a command that created a folder and then set the defaul to same. There was also an option that could be set in the boot file to show the default as part of teh prompt. Customer wanted create a floder for teh Public Utilit Comision PUC. He tried and did not see teh prompt change. treied again an no change. Call in my wife. she found the default was not set in the boot file so he he had a path of C:/PUC/PUC/PUC/PUC...

Her bnoss asked what the problem was. She said "oh he had the directory structure all PUC-ed up."

Ben

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Daryl

Reminds me of the bad old "pre-undo" days of LV. If you ctrl-click drag on a diagram object, it copies it. If you crtl-click drag on a blank part of the diagram, it moves everything around to create extra space. Before undo, if you tried to ctrl-click drag an object but missed, it would blow your diagram up to 100 times it's normal size with no good way to undo the mistake.

The biggest cheer I ever heard at NI-Week was when the word "UNDO" appeared on the screen during a presentation!

The biggest cheer I ever heard at NI-Week was when the word "UNDO" appeared on the screen during a presentation!

Oh, but do you remember how there were a few curmudgeons who thought implementing UNDO was the biggest waste of NIs time? "No one needs undo", they said. "NI needs to be spending it's time adding functionality to LabVIEW, not useless bells and whistles. You all should just be more careful when you're programming. " blink.gif

Oh, but do you remember how there were a few curmudgeons who thought implementing UNDO was the biggest waste of NIs time? "No one needs undo", they said. "NI needs to be spending it's time adding functionality to LabVIEW, not useless bells and whistles. You all should just be more careful when you're programming. " blink.gif

Wow, you are kidding me!

It would be interesting to make an "undo counter" just to see how many times i use it in an average day. Might be shocking

:oops:

:lol: