Cursor Legend

Cat

I'm having a minor issue with the cursor legend of a waveform graph and was hoping someone would have a solution.

My cursor legend starts out looking like this:

post-9165-126262093313_thumb.png

After I programatically set the cursor postions (using the Cursor.PosX property), the cursor legend looks like this:

post-9165-126262093464_thumb.png

This is a Bad Thing, since the real code has several cursors and after it opens they go beyond the legend window. Here's the bit of code I pulled out to illustrate this:

cursor legend test.vi

I guess I need a property to contract that tree after it's been expanded. I've looked for something that might do this with no luck. Any ideas?

Cat

post-9165-12626209135_thumb.jpg

Sorry, Cat. No answers for you - just a comment.

Based on some of the past posts, I'm not convinced that the modification to the cursors between version 7.1 and 8.x was necessarily a good thing.

Agreed!

While it was possible to change the look of the LV 7.1 version, we can no longer get at teh properties of teh cursor legend.

If you need to change it, you will have to code it up,

Ben

Based on some of the past posts, I'm not convinced that the modification to the cursors between version 7.1 and 8.x was necessarily a good thing.

That's a really good point. The code this is in has been around for a few years, and I was idly wondering the other day why no one had noticed this behaviour before. It might have not been a problem in the original 7.1 code.

If you need to change it, you will have to code it up,

It's easy enough (although definitely annoying) to click on the cursors in the tree and contract them after the centering function. However, there's another function where I have a cursor automatically scrolling across the screen between the 2 other cursors and need to have its XY values displayed at all times. Manually contracting that is impossible. So yes, I'll need to code it up, I guess. I've done something similar before in another application when I had a single cursor and wanted to display the XY values as the graph caption.

It's just annoying that this used to work and now it doesn't. Makes me leery of upgrading to new versions of LabVIEW. I've got over 1800 vis in the Big Project, and testing them all after an upgrade is a huge job (not to mention all the Little Projects). I noticed another bit of GUI code the other day that's not working quite right any more, even tho I haven't touched it since before I went from 7.1 to 8.x. I'll be checking that out today. Odds are it's something I unknowingly did, but now at least I know to consider it might be another version change issue and I just have to code around it.

It seems my bug is not a bug, but, "a result of the change of the Cursor Legend from LabVIEW 7.1 to 8.x". I dunno. If going to a newer version changes how my GUI acts, in a way that I can't directly access to fix, that's not a good thing. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck... blink.gif

Anywho, the very nice NI App Engineer says he will file an internal product suggestion to change this change.

In the meantime, I've coded around the bug, uhh, change.

Cat

It seems my bug is not a bug, but, "a result of the change of the Cursor Legend from LabVIEW 7.1 to 8.x". I dunno. If going to a newer version changes how my GUI acts, in a way that I can't directly access to fix, that's not a good thing. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck... blink.gif

Anywho, the very nice NI App Engineer says he will file an internal product suggestion to change this change.

In the meantime, I've coded around the bug, uhh, change.

Cat

I think bugs are things that they didn't intend to introduce. Because this was intentional, it's probably considered an "enhancement".:frusty: