USB Hub

jmax007

I am having a bit of trouble with VISA and USB and hope that there is someone who can help, or point me in the right direction.

I am trying to test a USB Hub, so what I want to do is connect my PC to the Hub, and then a USB key to the Hub.

I have read through some info on ni.com and was able to create/change the driver for the hub to be recognized in LabVIEW.

I can pull up the VISA Interactive Control and see my device, but that is where it ends.

I have no idea what to do next? How can I communicate with the Hub and/or the USB key that is connected to it?

I am not very familiar with USB protocols and communication, so I am at a loss. I have tried to look at the "USB RAW" examples, but I am not sure what to do with them or how to use them.

All I want to do is write/read to a USB key through the Hub to be sure it works properly.

Thanks

J

Are you looking to communicate with the Hub or with the USB key?

I think you want to communicate with the USB key. A good start should be to read directly without the USB hub. I think that if you have that covered, you can just plug the key into the USB hub and use the same code.

And what kind of USB key is it? What do you want to store?

Ton

I knew there was a much easier way....

I was looking at this as a far more complicated problem than I needed to.

If I keep the default windows drivers, the USB will show up as additional drive.

I can then just use simple file I/O

No need to mess around with VISA and changing the drivers.

Thanks

J