USB RAW with Labview 7.0/NI-VISA 3.0.1

kev_hib

Hi everyone.

I'm currently working on a project in Labview involving a custom made USB device using a PIC 16C765. I have installed the USB device with NI-VISA as the driver, and am able to communicate with the device via Measurement&Explorer tool. The problem is that I am unable to get the interrupt data from the device to Labview. The status for the interrupt pipe is -1, wich indicates that ther are no endpoints open for this communication. This can't be right since the device is set up with Endpoint 1 for IN/OUT interrupt transfers... Do I need to "activate" this endpoint from Labview? Any tips?

Hi everyone.

I'm still working on a custom USB device with Labview.. Seems impossible to find the answers I' seeking... The real question is: Is there a bug with VISA 3.0.1 concerning the USB_INTERRUPT ATTR.? I'm able to choose BULK endpoint, but when I program my controller to use interrupt transfer, the attribute says -1 :unsure:

Kevin.

Hi again.

Today NI released VISA3.1 which had the answers to my problems.. these were bugs now fixed:) The problem now is that Labview can't use the Get_interrupt_data vi.. Using VISAIC I can enable the interrupt and read the transferred data as an attribute.. This attribute is not a part of Labviews property node, called VI_RECIVED_INT_DATA and contains the actual data recieved. My guess was that I should use the Get_interrupt_data vi, but then I get the error: "the specified attribute is not supported" any hints?

• 6 months later...