Sub Panels and Menus

Hi there,

I'm trying to figure out how to let my sub-panel have access to the parent vi's menu. Hi main vi will be a shell pretty much and then the user will select which DAQ app they want to use on that occasion. That DAQ vi will then be loaded into a sub panel and away we go. However, they sub panel will need to take inputs from the menu, and set it's own applicable menu items.

Can anyone help please? I'll keep looking myself and post back if I figure it out.

Thanks,

Martin

Hi there,

I'm trying to figure out how to let my sub-panel have access to the parent vi's menu. Hi main vi will be a shell pretty much and then the user will select which DAQ app they want to use on that occasion. That DAQ vi will then be loaded into a sub panel and away we go. However, they sub panel will need to take inputs from the menu, and set it's own applicable menu items.

Can anyone help please? I'll keep looking myself and post back if I figure it out.

Thanks,

Martin

Hi Martin

There is a Current VI's Menubar primitive available in the Functions Palette >> Programming >> Dialog and User Interface >> Menu subpalette.

This is a reference to the menu but you will have to pass it down from the Main VI into your subpanel VIs (or use a variable etc...) as it is not exposed through VI Server.

Cheers

JG

Thanks for the reply, that helps.

I have found a page on ni.com that shows how to switch menus but the demo is for 2009 and I only have 8.2. I don't suppose anyone could save out an old version for me please? The link is:

http://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-9341

Thanks,

Martin

Hi Martin

There is a Current VI's Menubar primitive available in the Functions Palette >> Programming >> Dialog and User Interface >> Menu subpalette.

This is a reference to the menu but you will have to pass it down from the Main VI into your subpanel VIs (or use a variable etc...) as it is not exposed through VI Server.

Cheers

JG