unlinking and relinking to a typedef

sydney

I have code that uses strictly type def'd structrures and another programmer has some code that I want to reuse as much as possible in my project. Essentially he has parsed a file of data that ultimately will come from a database file and displayed the contents in tables. I now have a need to take this data and use it in my code where my type defs are identical to those in the parsing code. My first inclination is to unlink from one set of type defs and then to relink to the other set of type defs. That would be nice and easy, but I do not see any easy way to remake a link unless I bring the VIs into my code, and then go into the front panels and delete the clusters used for inputs and outputs and re create new clusters using my typedefs. Other than this I see no other way. If there is an easier way please let me know!

I have code that uses strictly type def'd structrures and another programmer has some code that I want to reuse as much as possible in my project. Essentially he has parsed a file of data that ultimately will come from a database file and displayed the contents in tables. I now have a need to take this data and use it in my code where my type defs are identical to those in the parsing code. My first inclination is to unlink from one set of type defs and then to relink to the other set of type defs. That would be nice and easy, but I do not see any easy way to remake a link unless I bring the VIs into my code, and then go into the front panels and delete the clusters used for inputs and outputs and re create new clusters using my typedefs. Other than this I see no other way. If there is an easier way please let me know!

1) Close both

2) Open yours and makes sure all VIs that use the type def are in memory.

3) Open the type-def and doa "Save as" and save it under the name he used.

4) Save and close all callers. Your code will now be linked to the new (his) name.

5) Now open his type-def.

6) Open your code at it re-link to his version.

7) Save and clsoe all of your stuff now pointing at his.

8) Do a Source distribution and clean-up behind yourself.

That all ther is to it.

Ben