Build 32 bit LV EXE on 64 bit Win 7?

I've looked thru the LabVIEW faqs and dev zone stuff on 32 vs 64 bit LabVIEW but I can't seem to find an answer to this specific question. That is, if I install LV 32 bit on Win7 64 bit and build an exe (from LV 32 bit), does it build an application that I can install on other 32 bit Win OS's (XP SP2 is the one I have in mind)? I'm in the process of finally upgrading (I get a new machine and I get to install LV2009 finally) and I'm trying to make a decision about whether my primary Win7 OS should be 64 or 32 bit. I have to be able to build code I can deploy to WinXP SP2 32 bit machines.

Thanks,

Mark

I've looked thru the LabVIEW faqs and dev zone stuff on 32 vs 64 bit LabVIEW but I can't seem to find an answer to this specific question. That is, if I install LV 32 bit on Win7 64 bit and build an exe (from LV 32 bit), does it build an application that I can install on other 32 bit Win OS's (XP SP2 is the one I have in mind)? I'm in the process of finally upgrading (I get a new machine and I get to install LV2009 finally) and I'm trying to make a decision about whether my primary Win7 OS should be 64 or 32 bit. I have to be able to build code I can deploy to WinXP SP2 32 bit machines.

I have this configuration and it works fine. In general a 32-bit app doesn't know anything about a 64-bit OS. It's the OS's job to provide a virtual 32-bit environment for the 32-bit app to run in. So 32-bit LabVIEW is going to build you a 32-bit app which will run fine on XP.

I have this configuration and it works fine. In general a 32-bit app doesn't know anything about a 64-bit OS. It's the OS's job to provide a virtual 32-bit environment for the 32-bit app to run in. So 32-bit LabVIEW is going to build you a 32-bit app which will run fine on XP.

Thanks for the first-hand info - that gives me confidence that all will be OK! I suspected as much, but I don't have any experience with 64 bit OS's.

Mark