Using a control as both an indicator and control

Hello,

I have been search and reading for a few hours now and have finally decided to post. I fear I am not using the correct terms because I am fairly new at LabView.

I currently trying to build a user interface that uses 9 different tabs . There is a set of variables that will need to be on 3 of these tabs in similar form. These variables include:

2 boolean controls

1 boolean indicator

1 string indicator

12 numeric indicators

I would like to have all of these values be the same on the separate tabs at the same time.

For example if I press one of the boolean controls, that same boolean control should now be activated on the other tabs as well.

If it would be possible, please do point me in the right direction of how to go about doing this. (Also the proper terminology)

Many Thanks,

Buffalo960

I would like to have all of these values be the same on the separate tabs at the same time.

For example if I press one of the boolean controls, that same boolean control should now be activated on the other tabs as well.

If it would be possible, please do point me in the right direction of how to go about doing this. (Also the proper terminology)

Many Thanks,

Buffalo960

You can use Local Variables or Property Nodes in an Event Structure to update the controls on the other tabs but, if you're always going to make them equal, you can put them over the Tab control (instead of on a particular tab) and show/hide them as appropriate.  Put them over the control by placing them on an empty part of the Front Panel and move them into place using the arrow keys.