usb6008

azlan

hello everyone..........

i'm a new beginner for Labview........i need some idea on how to interface the USB6008 with the Labview.......

i'm confused with the analog and digital output usb 6008.........which one should i used after already developed GUI labview VI......???

i found that my laboratory tank connected to the analog pin.......

my question is :

after create Daq assistant,which port should i used?????

analog or digital port????

could anyone help me?????

Thanx........

hello everyone..........

i'm a new beginner for Labview........i need some idea on how to interface the USB6008 with the Labview.......

i'm confused with the analog and digital output usb 6008.........which one should i used after already developed GUI labview VI......???

i found that my laboratory tank connected to the analog pin.......

my question is :

after create Daq assistant,which port should i used?????

analog or digital port????

could anyone help me?????

Thanx........

Try to ask yourself a few questions before doing something:

eg. what inputs/outputs are available from the tank? categorised these inputs/outputs in term of analogue/digital.

In 6008, which pin/ground can be used as analogue input/output? look at the 6008 specs and user guide! (which configuration differential or single-ended?)

which can b used as digital?

After answering these questions, i believe you will have no trouble connecting up your system. Then use LV to acquire and analyse your data

Edited by Minh Pham

tq 4 reply.......

but the tank still not running as i click the run button in Labview 8.5.1........

the connection is all wired at Analogue input of USB6008.........

i already designed GUI at Labview......n then used the MAX and DAQ assistant to interfaces the tank and Labview.......

here are some attached file of my connection.......

should i used digital port or analogue port?????

Here are the connection :

ANALOGUE PORT :

Terminal 1 GND green colour

2 AI+ purple colour

5 AI+ blue colour

14 AO red colour

15 AO purple colour (Bright)

16 GND GREEN COLOUR

How to interface using USB6008 with Labview 8.5.1???? Can u give some tips to solve this problem????

Give me some tips when to used in Digital or analogue port???????really2 confused?????

i'm still confusing.........

tq again for ur help........

should i used digital port or analogue port?????

Digital is for two states: ON-OFF (binary)

Analog is for signals.

Think digital if you want to control a valve or a relay (digital output) or to sense if an on-off state (digital input) like an interlock or a limit switch.

Think analog if you want to generate a signal (analog output) or read a sensor (analog input).

Now ask yourself what are the sensors and controls you want to activate/read on your tank. Classify them as analog or digital, inputs or outputs. Then see which lines are available on your 6008 to do this. Select one line for each of your inputs/outputs, wire them and use the DAQ assitant to create them in your VI.

Of course, look also at the link Minh Pham put in his last reply...

good luck