How to link keys in .chm file with LabVIEW controls

The control-online-help.vi allows to open a compiled help file (.chm) and jump to a specific key in there. It works very well.

When the mouse is over a control and e.g. the right mouse is clicked, I would like to pass a control-specific key to control-online-help.vi such that the user gets immediate context-sensitive help on such control.

I have been playing around with user-shortcut-menus offering a help tag when right click and link this event. That works, but this is no good solution for my app's 100dreds of buttons.

I do hope an established solution between LabVIEW controls and keys in .chm files is already out there.

Peter

The control-online-help.vi allows to open a compiled help file (.chm) and jump to a specific key in there. It works very well.

When the mouse is over a control and e.g. the right mouse is clicked, I would like to pass a control-specific key to control-online-help.vi such that the user gets immediate context-sensitive help on such control.

I have been playing around with user-shortcut-menus offering a help tag when right click and link this event. That works, but this is no good solution for my app's 100dreds of buttons.

I do hope an established solution between LabVIEW controls and keys in .chm files is already out there.

I'm not sure if you use some words a little unclear but the Control Online Help node in LabVIEW is the way to go, and yes you have to use help topics (LabVIEW calls it key) to jump to a specific place in the help file. That is how things work and how Microsoft (and other systems) have decided that help should be.