Parallel Processing on multiple edge detector lines

1) I am working on an application in Labview wherein I need to detect vehicles across the road. I have chosen the Imaq Spoke 2 tool to mark successive edges along an annular ROI covering the road. Now i need to run an algorithm on all the edges(at the same time) to calibrate the edges to extract there real world coordinates and to measure the distance/speed of the vehicle traversing across the edge.

Since the application demands all the edges to work consecutively, I seek help in figuring out how i can attain this goal.

2) I also wish to know how I can avoid getting prompted each time to define an ROI ( after I choose it on the first image) when i pass a series of images thru the script.

3) Lastly if would be very helpful if you could help me find a way to split and AVI into images.( suggestions to alter my code to accept an AVI video are also welcome).

looking forward to hearing from you,

Regards,

Avinash Siravuru,

Undergraduate(Mechanical Engg.)

V.I.T.U, Vellore,India

sirneonash@gmail.com

I notice from your sig that you're an undergraduate. I take it this is a project for a class?

I'm not too familiar with the image processing toolkits. Have you gone through the pallets and checked out the help?

Tim

Hello Tim,

Well this is not a class project.This is a self initiated project.We are trying to develop a Traffic violation detection device at a low cost using image processing.

The primary challenge that we have identified is detecting overspeeding.This doubt cropped enroute to realising this goal.

I have gone through the vision and motion palette and to the best of my understanding and knowledge have not found much help for the doubts i have raised.

looking forward for a push....

regards,

Avinash