.Net - "An error occurred trying to load this assembly."

[Cross posted to NI]

Okay, here's an issue that has me completely stumped. I have a third party mixed mode (managed and unmanaged code) assembly that I'm trying to link to from Labview. I've done the usual things, such as creating a unique project file and putting the assembly in the project directory, etc, to no avail.

Using the Select Object from Assembly dialog always returns the generic "An error occurred trying to load this assembly." DebugView returns an equally unhelpful error message: "DNError: (3)." The assembly loads just fine in .Net Reflector and I can link to it and compile from Visual Studio. Fusion Viewer (FV) shows that the assembly *is* being loaded... for some reason Labview doesn't know it.

Any ideas?

*** Assembly Binder Log Entry  (6/8/2010 @ 8:57:02 PM) ***The operation was successful.Bind result: hr = 0x0. The operation completed successfully.Assembly manager loaded from:  C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\mscorwks.dllRunning under executable  C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2009\LabVIEW.exe--- A detailed error log follows. === Pre-bind state information ===LOG: User = REDMOND\dakluLOG: Where-ref bind. Location = C:\scc\attg dev\DotNet\Instruments\Flashcut\trunk\bin\remote.dllLOG: Appbase = file:///C:/Program Files/National Instruments/LabVIEW 2009/LOG: Initial PrivatePath = NULLLOG: Dynamic Base = NULLLOG: Cache Base = NULLLOG: AppName = LabVIEW Domain for ReflectionCalling assembly : (Unknown).===LOG: This bind starts in LoadFrom load context.WRN: Native image will not be probed in LoadFrom context. Native image will only be probed in default load context, like with Assembly.Load().LOG: No application configuration file found.LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\config\machine.config.LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/scc/attg dev/DotNet/Instruments/Flashcut/trunk/bin/remote.dll.LOG: Assembly download was successful. Attempting setup of file: C:\scc\attg dev\DotNet\Instruments\Flashcut\trunk\bin\remote.dllLOG: Entering run-from-source setup phase.LOG: Assembly Name is: Remote, Version=4.0.0.15, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=nullLOG: Re-apply policy for where-ref bind.LOG: Where-ref bind Codebase does not match what is found in default context. Keep the result in LoadFrom context.LOG: Binding succeeds. Returns assembly from C:\scc\attg dev\DotNet\Instruments\Flashcut\trunk\bin\remote.dll.LOG: Assembly is loaded in LoadFrom load context.