Cllusters containing latching buttons

Hi there,

I am developing an app with a tab control. Each tab contains a cluster with the controls relevant to that tab in it, including a couple of buttons.

Now, I've just realised of course that I can't use latching buttons properly because the button state does not get reset when the 'Value Change' event goes off - normally I would include the terminal in the event case of course.

Is there a way of getting this to work elegantly or am I just fighting when I should be using subpanels instead?

Thank you,

Martin

Hi there,

I am developing an app with a tab control. Each tab contains a cluster with the controls relevant to that tab in it, including a couple of buttons.

Now, I've just realised of course that I can't use latching buttons properly because the button state does not get reset when the 'Value Change' event goes off - normally I would include the terminal in the event case of course.

Is there a way of getting this to work elegantly or am I just fighting when I should be using subpanels instead?

Thank you,

Martin

Hi Martin

I don't think the Tab or using Subpanels is the issue here, it is that the buttons are in a Cluster that will not allow you to reset the latch easily on a button Value Change.

Taking the buttons out of the Cluster would solve your issue.

Otherwise, as a workaround, you could use switch action instead, and every time a Value Change event occurs on a button in the Cluster you to reset that Button manually (but this is probably not the most elegant solution).

Thank you for the reply.

I did realise it was the fact that the button was in the cluster that was the cause of the problem, but I'd put them in there to try and organise things 'properly'. I've realised that my approach was inelegant and have implemented a subpanel solution which is proving to a much 'nicer' implementation overall.

Thanks for the help,

Martin