Video-in capture

• 2 months later...
Hi, Does anybody know how to display video from a WDM capture card in real time.

I have no idea..

regards Dan.

1037[/snapback]

It maybe a little bit late to answer this question, but I just noticed... anyway, my IVision LabVIEW toolkit can do just what you asked, capturing video from WDM supporting capturing devices such as USB camera, IEEE1394/firewire camera or DV camcorder. To get an evaluation version, you can download using the below link:

http://www.hytekautomation.com/Products/IVision.html

Irene

• 1 year later...
It maybe a little bit late to answer this question, but I just noticed... anyway, my IVision LabVIEW toolkit can do just what you asked, capturing video from WDM supporting capturing devices such as USB camera, IEEE1394/firewire camera or DV camcorder. To get an evaluation version, you can download using the below link:

http://www.hytekautomation.com/Products/IVision.html

Irene

-----

I tried the evaluation version of IVISION. My video card is all-in-wonder, and the toolkit worked well. I could catpure video signals by using demo vi included in IVISION kit. But one problem is that I got 'squeezed' images when I did snap images. I think it's because some VIs included in the IVISION toolkit (IVISION_ImageToArray.vi, maybe) have a fixed-size ROI (320x480, in my case). The VIs blocked, so I couldn't find a way to change the ROI settings. Have anyone suceeded capturing unsqueezed images?

-----

I tried the evaluation version of IVISION. My video card is all-in-wonder, and the toolkit worked well. I could catpure video signals by using demo vi included in IVISION kit. But one problem is that I got 'squeezed' images when I did snap images. I think it's because some VIs included in the IVISION toolkit (IVISION_ImageToArray.vi, maybe) have a fixed-size ROI (320x480, in my case). The VIs blocked, so I couldn't find a way to change the ROI settings. Have anyone suceeded capturing unsqueezed images?

Hi Feynman,

Snap will get you the realsize of your video device output image. So that is the image size for all-in-wonder. But there are two ways you can make it look more "normal". The easiest is changing the video window size either programmatically or manually drag into the size you want. This does not change image resolution, only for visualization purpose. The other way is changing the image resolution using "IVision_ResizeImage.vi" after snap.

Irene