How to navigate between 2 or more VI's

pal

Hi,

I m a new member,& have started using Labview recently.(7.1).I m doing a small proj where in their is a main menu screen having buttons that call different plant section.When i click on any of the btn's i shud go to that screen or VI & vice versa.I shud be able to navigate between all VI and also all the process VI shud be running at the background simultaneously.

Can u please help me to solve this problem.

thanks.

pal

• 2 weeks later...
I m doing a small proj where in their is a main menu screen having buttons that call different plant section.When i click on any of the btn's i shud go to that screen or VI & vice versa.

Well, the easiest way to do this would be to use the event structure to handle button presses. When you press a button, a VI would be called and it would pop-up its front panel. The VI's to be called can be just placed on the diagram of the main VI. Follow this link for more info on how to create a pop-up VI:

http://forums.lavausergroup.org/index.php?...=findpost&p=255

Once the VI terminates (by pressing a button on the front panel) the front panel will close and you will be returned to the main VI. This method will work but is limited because you can only interact with one screen at a time. You cannot have multiple screens running in parallel. If you want to do this then you need to call the VI's dynamically using VI server.

post-2-1089529460.gif?width=400

This implementation will allow you to have the main menu VI running while the screens are open.

If you need to run a process in parallel, I would suggest using a parallel loop. You can also place this parallel loop inside a subVI (to reduce diagram space) and place the subVI next to your main menu loop which will handle the screen launching.