cursor question

I'm using LabVIEW 2010 full dev pkg to create a simple VI with a graph displaying an array of 100 random values in 1 plot, then added 2 cursors, t0 and t1, both free dragging types. The cursor legend shows each cursors x and y values as expected. Entering 0 and l into the Selected Cursor array property allows me to control one or both cursors being moved via the cursor control: OK. The Cursor.Cursor Position property shows the X and Y values for the second (t1) cursor no matter what I put into the Selected Cursor property. I would like to be able to programatically read the X value of both cursors, but have not yet discovered the answer. Can someone enlighten me?

I'm using LabVIEW 2010 full dev pkg to create a simple VI with a graph displaying an array of 100 random values in 1 plot, then added 2 cursors, t0 and t1, both free dragging types. The cursor legend shows each cursors x and y values as expected. Entering 0 and l into the Selected Cursor array property allows me to control one or both cursors being moved via the cursor control: OK. The Cursor.Cursor Position property shows the X and Y values for the second (t1) cursor no matter what I put into the Selected Cursor property. I would like to be able to programatically read the X value of both cursors, but have not yet discovered the answer. Can someone enlighten me?

I don't have a problem getting the correct value in LV2009. Of course, you would get a constant value for Y if you use free-dragging cursor, but X value should follow the cursor.

If you think this is an issue with LV2010, I suggest you address the problem in the NI forum for LV2010 Beta until this version is officially released. As I am not a beta tester for LV2010, I cannot check if this is a bug or not. Can you try the same code in LV2009?

I don't have a problem getting the correct value in LV2009. Of course, you would get a constant value for Y if you use free-dragging cursor, but X value should follow the cursor.

If you think this is an issue with LV2010, I suggest you address the problem in the NI forum for LV2010 Beta until this version is officially released. As I am not a beta tester for LV2010, I cannot check if this is a bug or not. Can you try the same code in LV2009?

I'm using 2009 version: excuse miss print. The cursor window does show the correct X values for both cursors, but the property node only shows the position of the second cursor no matter which cursor has been selected. I did not see how to get another property for cursor position, so I assumed that the position given by the property node is the position of the selected cursor. Was I wrong?

I might have an explanation.

Are you using the "Selected Cursor" property? If so, try "Active Cursor" instead.

Here are three ways to get the values you want.

post-10515-003399900 1279284591_thumb.pn

I started the example once again from scratch using free dragging cursors with the ActCrsr and Cursor.PosX properties and got the position of both cursors. I think what I did was to use a single or multi plot cursors and then tried to change to free dragging without deleting and recreating a new cursor. Your three examples basically do the same thing and I thank you for your feedback. BTW Montreal is quite beautiful...