Property Node for VKey

WL1

Anyone,

I thought I had performed this before, but I'm not finding anything. I am looking for a simple property node, maybe in the VI class or where ever, that will provide me the value that was last pressed on the keyboard. I know that you can get the VKey in the event structure, and that there is a vi to get the keyboard inputs, but isn't there a property node or method that will tell me what the last key pressed was? I'm assuming that if you can get the VKey value in an event structure, then there must be a way to get it through a property or method node as well.

Thanks

Hi,

I think an event structure is the only way to always get the last key pressed. I would simply put that data into a shifter or stack. There is a VI to poll the keyboard, however, it will not return the last pressed keys, only the currently pressed keys. This means that you would have to continuously poll the keyboard. I think a good question is, why is an event structure not usable?

Mike