how to set up VI to receive Window Message sent by another software

Hello, everyone. I am just starting to use Labview and programme with Window Message.

I'd like to write a VI which can receive WM_USER sent by another software. So I download a library: Windows Message Queue and a DLL file: Windows Messages for LabVIEW. If WM is something like WM_LBUTTONDOWN, the VI works. However, I still cannot receive WM from 3rd party software, though I can see the WM using Microsoft Spy++. Then I modify the subVI in the library - Create Windows Message Queue.vi as follows: give the name of the 3rd party software to the "VI Name" in the front panel. But the VI find undefined errors when I run it.

Thanks for your help!

windows_messaging_que.zip

Communication Test.vi

I'm not an expert on Windows messages, but I have successfully used this library to receive messages from another program. In my case, I had to provide the third-party application with the Window Handle of my VI (through an ActiveX call) so that it would know where to send the messages. It sounds like you need to do something similar - find a way to tell your third-party application where to send events. You should not need to modify the windows message library. If you're trying to intercept events that would normally go to the third-party application, I have no idea how you could do that.