I need help to solve a problem in reading Avi files in Activex container

I wrote a code which opens an avi file that shows how to work with one of our instruments. I made an Activex container in front panel and inserted windows media player in it. It works very well but the issue is every time it opens the avi file, it expands the container frame and shows the video in a larger frame. I want to fit it in it's own container frame which i have put on front panel. I tried a lot with property node and property invoke stuffs to figure it out but i didn't find the solution!!! I would appreciate if anybody could tell me how i can fit the video file playing in it's own playing-frame on my front panel.?

I think that's a property of your avi player - try right-clicking on it in the ActiveX frame and deselecting "size with content" or something like that. Also, maybe upload an example (code + avi) that shows the issue - we can help better if we have that to work with.

• Like 1

I wrote a code which opens an avi file that shows how to work with one of our instruments. I made an Activex container in front panel and inserted windows media player in it. It works very well but the issue is every time it opens the avi file, it expands the container frame and shows the video in a larger frame. I want to fit it in it's own container frame which i have put on front panel. I tried a lot with property node and property invoke stuffs to figure it out but i didn't find the solution!!! I would appreciate if anybody could tell me how i can fit the video file playing in it's own playing-frame on my front panel.?

This is a known bug for which a CAR was filed several years ago. NI has chosen to NOT address this issue and has put the CAR in whatever their equivalent of a "round file" is.

AFAIK, your only solutions are:

1. create a container for WMP in another language (eg VB) and reference that object in the usual ways

2. write code in LV to resize the WMP container to a known size after every load or equivalent operation in WMP.

Of course a third option it to try to push NI about fixing this but, even if that succeeds, nothing will happen until LV 2011 at the earliest and most likely your project won't wait that long!

val

I think that's a property of your avi player - try right-clicking on it in the ActiveX frame and deselecting "size with content" or something like that. Also, maybe upload an example (code + avi) that shows the issue - we can help better if we have that to work with.

Thank you so much Crelf

I couldn't find anything in property. As you requested i send the code + avi .

To decrease th eavi size i cut it ,but now when i run the code it shrinks to a smaller size rather than expanding ( but still the same problem). Also, I don't want the video to be played befoe clicking the play button. Could you help me in this regard as well?

There was a problem in uploading the files so i uploaded in hotfiles . Here is the link: http://hotfile.com/dl/62756263/c6c17fb/video_test.zip.html

Thank you

This is a known bug for which a CAR was filed several years ago. NI has chosen to NOT address this issue and has put the CAR in whatever their equivalent of a "round file" is.

AFAIK, your only solutions are:

1. create a container for WMP in another language (eg VB) and reference that object in the usual ways

2. write code in LV to resize the WMP container to a known size after every load or equivalent operation in WMP.

Of course a third option it to try to push NI about fixing this but, even if that succeeds, nothing will happen until LV 2011 at the earliest and most likely your project won't wait that long!

val

Thank you Val

I was hoping there were simple ways but it seems it is a known problem with Labview.