labview application for instrumentation system on engine testing

Hi everybody,

currently now i am using labview 8.0 for being applied to the instrumentation system on engine testing..i am looking for someone who had experienced on that matter and willing to shared with me. i am a beginner in labview but i tried to catch up as much as i can eventhough in time constraint..

thank you

currently now i am using labview 8.0 for being applied to the instrumentation system on engine testing..i am looking for someone who had experienced on that matter and willing to shared with me. i am a beginner in labview but i tried to catch up as much as i can eventhough in time constraint..

Are you looking to perform torque-to-turn, endplay, leak, bore code, cold test, hot test, TDC rotation, NVH analysis or assembly verification? Are you looking for instrumentation and coding help? Are you looking for a turnkey test station? Mapping? People are willing to help with some questions, but we also make a living not only with our programming, but the specialized knowledge of how to test specific parts. I work for Assembly & Test Worldwide (down the road a bit from VI Engineering :rolleyes: ); we tend to do mapping and turnkey systems from individual test stations to entire assembly lines rather than consultation.

Tim

hi everybody,

thanx for the replies..really appreciate that.Actually i am a master student. so definitely the money is a big matter for me as you all know. .i am trying to develop the instrumentation system that can be controlled from a control room to the test cell and trying to use labVIEW as my primary tool. Basically, i am seeking any expertise that can help for my programming or sharing his ideas/opinions/experiences for my current project . In my engine testing, definitely try to get data from the performance of the engine, temperature readings, pressure readings, In cylinder pressure, crank angle degree, flow rate measurements, exhaust emission, vibration readings. For the past project, they were using Dewetron to acquire the signals and interpret the data. Here i attached my instruments that currently available in my lab

No.

Type

Descriptions

Software NI LabView 8.0

Interfaced between the measurement and control hardware, analyzed data and displayed the results graphically in a real time application

National Instrument Data Acquisition (DAQ) Type PCI-6220

Provide the I/O capabilities, measurement accuracy and software flexibility.

24 digital I/O; 32-bit counters; digital triggering

NI PCI-6220 consists:

i. Connector Block –Screw Terminal SCB-68

ii. Cable shielded SHC68-68-EPM

Kistler CAM Crank Angle Decoder Type 2613B

An optical encoder system to provide the exact correlation between pressure measurement ignal and crank angle position.

CAM system 2613B consists:

i. CAM encoder 2613B1

ii. Signal conditioner 2613B2

iii. Terminator 2613B4

Kistler Pressure sensors Type 7061 B (In cylinder pressure measurement)

Water-Cooled ThermoCOMP

Measuring range 0-250 bar

Equipped with :

i. Connecting Cable

ii. Charge Amplifier

iii. Interconnecting cable

Kistler Thermocouple K-Type 6192B

Versions without connector for connection to temperature amplifier Type 2205A

Eddy current dynamometer Model ECB-200F SR No. 617

Devices used for engine testing and acts as power drive and power absorption equipment.

Power 150 kW

W (PAW) Max = 40 kg

Dynamic constant = 9550

Dynalec Control Dyno Control Panel

Digital Controller for Speed and Torque for Eddy Current Dynamometer.

Signal Instrument Gas Analyzer

i. 361 Prefilter

ii. 3000HM THC Analyzer

iii. 4000VM NOX Analyzer

iv. Multigas Analyzer

v. 7000FM GFC IR Analyser

vi. Temperature Controller

vii. 200SM Series cooler

Kobold Fuel Flowmeter

DF-HN

2.5 l/min. H20

5-24V DC

Here also i attached the example of control room that i tried to develop

Thank you

Overview of the Instrumentation System Developed for a VW 1.9 TDI Diesel Engine.pdf

thanx for the replies..really appreciate that.Actually i am a master student. so definitely the money is a big matter for me as you all know. .i am trying to develop the instrumentation system that can be controlled from a control room to the test cell and trying to use labVIEW as my primary tool. Basically, i am seeking any expertise that can help for my programming or sharing his ideas/opinions/experiences for my current project .

You're trying to build a hot test cell.

It sounds as if you have a task and a bunch of lincoln logs, and need to figure out what you need to do with them. I'd recommend sitting down and going through some paper engineering: writing down all of your requirements, planning how pieces interact with each other, laying out some conceptual user interfaces and going over how things work. A large whiteboard is very useful for this. It doesn't sound as if you're ready to write code yet.

Tim

Thank you Tim,

yupp they were in pieces and i have to organize them according to my application. so i have to visualize them in real situation and how they operating when using labview and connecting each other.

Is it labview can integrate all the equipments that i have? what do you think about that? Eventhough i have to organize them, at the same time i must think/create some codes that can relied on the application that i need for not wasting my time. thats why i am also looking for codes that can viewed as examples for my project.

regards

Is it labview can integrate all the equipments that i have? what do you think about that?

I expect all of that can be integrated using LabVIEW, however you will have to do your homework to determine what must be done.

thats why i am also looking for codes that can viewed as examples for my project.

You'll be able to locate examples of some things, but they will be basic pieces and not whole packages unless you are willing to buy pieces.

yupp they were in pieces and i have to organize them according to my application. so i have to visualize them in real situation and how they operating when using labview and connecting each other.

The connections are concepts and are independant of programming language.

Tim