Problems scaling a tab control and the graph within it to the pane

MartinMcD

Hi all,

I have a tab control where each page contains a plot. I can set the tab control to scale with the pane but then the graphs don't scale with the changing size of the tab control. Alternatively if I have just one plot (and no tab control) I can set that plot to scale to the frame.

Is there a way that I can set a graph to scale to the changing size of the tab control? I guess I could do it manually but I was hoping there was an inbuilt way.

Thanks,

Martin

Hi Martin

A few ideas tossed around if you can't get the Tab to go:

Why not just use one graph that is set to fit to pane and if the user selects a different graph (view) then just write this data to this graph.

This is assuming you have your own buffers and are not using the graph's, and the graphs are the same types.

Otherwise, if not, use multiple graphs (with fit to pane set) and just stack the graphs on each other and just make the active graph visible.

Cheers

-JG

I have a tab control where each page contains a plot. I can set the tab control to scale with the pane but then the graphs don't scale with the changing size of the tab control. Alternatively if I have just one plot (and no tab control) I can set that plot to scale to the frame.

Is there a way that I can set a graph to scale to the changing size of the tab control? I guess I could do it manually but I was hoping there was an inbuilt way.

Hi,

I might be missing the point, but if you put a graph/chart on each tab and set the "Scale all objects with pane" (right click on scroll-bar) property then the Tab as well as all graphs/charts will scale with the pane?

You might have to reposition the Tab control after the resize operation has finished, but this can be handled with the Panel Resize event.

/J

...if you put a graph/chart on each tab and set the "Scale all objects with pane" (right click on scroll-bar) property then the Tab as well as all graphs/charts will scale with the pane?

You might have to reposition the Tab control after the resize operation has finished, but this can be handled with the Panel Resize event.

It is slightly disproportional, but that works .