HDR functionality in AVT Guppy F-036B

rocoat82

Hello every body

i have a question about AVT Guppy F-036B.

This camera present the HDR feature (as you can see in this Tech Man v7.1.0 Pag. 154).

The configuration register for HDR is 0xF1000280 (HDR_CONTROL), in particular we have to read/write the bit 6 (not the 6th bit but only bit 6).

I use Coriander 2.0 under Ubuntu Karmic to control some register of this camera (such as, Shutter ranges, or check its value ecc..), in particular in section Tools > Direct Register Access.

Here i select Command Base Register as Offset and than i calculate the corresponding value to insert in the Addres space.

For do this i subtract the 0xF1000280 to the 0xF0F00000 (the base address for the control registers of the camera) and obtain 0x100280.

Now press Read>> button.

(You can do the same operation selecting as Offset Base and use 0xF0000000 instead of 0xF0F00000).

So i read from Data space the value 80000200 that tell me HDR is present as Feature but at the moment is Disabled (take particula attention to bit positions in Pag. 225 of the Tech Man ).

If i try to enable HDR mode writing 82000200 (set high the bit 6 and don't modify the others bits), the register don't retain the new value.

There are other two interesting thing:

1) The ADV_INQ_1 register present the functionality HDR as available (bit 11); value readed Fa938401

2) The knee points registers (KNEEPOINT_1, KNEEPOINT_2 and KNEEPOINT_3) contain all 00000000!

If someone have much experience of me and can help.

Thanks

I use AVT cameras all the time - they're great quality, have really good support in the US and are at a good pricepoint (anyone who's been to NI-Week in the last 5 years has propbably seen their booth on the expo floor). I've used both MAX and LabVIEW to read/write guppy registers before with no issues, but I have never used Coriander. bmoyer's right - talk to AVT directly.

I use AVT cameras all the time - they're great quality, have really good support in the US and are at a good pricepoint (anyone who's been to NI-Week in the last 5 years has propbably seen their booth on the expo floor). I've used both MAX and LabVIEW to read/write guppy registers before with no issues, but I have never used Coriander. bmoyer's right - talk to AVT directly.

Yet do it.. i'm hold on for a reply.

I'll try to use LabView or AVT sw.

Thanks