Converting VI's

Hey everyone,

Im relatively new to labview, and am wondering if the VI's can be converted to a programming language that can be read by any windows based pc. I am not sure if this is a stupid question or not, but I am hoping I can do the conversion. The program I am trying to do is just a simple units conversion but it needs to be run on a computer that doesn't have the LV software.

Thanks

Im relatively new to labview, and am wondering if the VI's can be converted to a programming language that can be read by any windows based pc. I am not sure if this is a stupid question or not, but I am hoping I can do the conversion. The program I am trying to do is just a simple units conversion but it needs to be run on a computer that doesn't have the LV software.

Your question isn't very clear. Most computers, Windows-based or otherwise, don't have any programming environment installed on them. Are you asking if there's some way you can run your VI on another computer, or if you can call your VI from another programming language? If you have the Application Builder (included in more-expensive LabVIEW editions, and available as an add-on), then you can build your VI into an application that you can run on any computer as long as it has the (free) LabVIEW Run-Time Engine installed. Likewise, you can build your VI into a DLL that can be called from another Windows program.

Yes, you can build your VI into an application if you have the Application Builder. Your sibling will need to install the Run-Time Engine (free from NI) that matches the version of LabVIEW that you use. The NI License Manager will tell you whether you have the application builder available, and the LabVIEW help explains how to build an application.