Drawing objects in 3D picture control

AusTEX

I'm just getting started with using the 3D picture control and need some help with drawing objects. There are only a few built in functions for drawing objects such as the cone, cylinder, and box. What do you do when you need to draw a different shape, maybe a pyramide? For example, I would like to draw something similar to the box, but I want the rectangles that define the top and bottom to be different sizes. I'd also like to draw something like the cone but I want to be able to specify the radius of the bottom as well as the top. Anyone know how this can be done? Thanks in advance.

You can either create the mesh manually by using Create Mesh.vi and then adding the array of 3D coordinates using a property node. The other option is to use something like this:

http://decibel.ni.co...t/docs/DOC-5242

I like the second option for complex things, though it can take a bit of getting used to for scaling and position. All of the tools are free, which is nice.

I'm just getting started with using the 3D picture control and need some help with drawing objects. There are only a few built in functions for drawing objects such as the cone, cylinder, and box. What do you do when you need to draw a different shape, maybe a pyramide? For example, I would like to draw something similar to the box, but I want the rectangles that define the top and bottom to be different sizes. I'd also like to draw something like the cone but I want to be able to specify the radius of the bottom as well as the top. Anyone know how this can be done? Thanks in advance.