plot Multi -XY.vi

Another problem for the day. Now i have my data from my pc mice i need to display it in a graphical format. The problem lies in the formatting of the data input. I wish to use the plot multi - xy later to accomodate the two signals but have simplified the problem at the moment to just one set of points. This is what iv used in the attatched file below so you can see my problem. I cant understand why im going wrong. Is there someone again who can sort out my life?

Download File:post-586-1092060470.vi

Topper99

Another problem for the day. Now i have my data from my pc mice i need to display it in a graphical format. The problem lies in the formatting of the data input. I wish to use the plot multi - xy later to accomodate the two signals but have simplified the problem at the moment to just one set of points. This is what iv used in the attatched file below so you can see my problem. I cant understand why im going wrong. Is there someone again who can sort out my life?

Download File:post-586-1092060470.vi

Topper99

1344[/snapback]

I'm not sure what you are trying to do, but I do know why this VI won't run.

• Replace Build Cluster Array with Bundle
    You need to add the coordinates into a cluster. Bundle is the correct way to do this.

post-192-1092074616.png?width=400

• Turn Auto-Indexing On
    You need to make an array with all of your coordinate clusters. The easiest way to do this is by enabling indexing.

post-192-1092074830.png?width=400

New Version:

post-192-1092074861.png?width=400

I'm not sure what you are trying to do, but I do know why this VI won't run.
  • Replace Build Cluster Array with Bundle
    You need to add the coordinates into a cluster. Bundle is the correct way to do this.

post-192-1092074616.png?width=400

• Turn Auto-Indexing On
    You need to make an array with all of your coordinate clusters. The easiest way to do this is by enabling indexing.

post-192-1092074830.png?width=400

New Version:

post-192-1092074861.png?width=400

1345[/snapback]

Thats great thanks. So if i were to now wanted to plot the two sets of data, (2 horizontal and 2 vertical) onto the same graph i would do it how? As i say, im a complete beginner at this business and dont understand how a cluster of this gets to be a 1d array of that etc. Im sure its cause many problems before!

If i also wanted to update the graph as i used my mouse on the screen where would i have to put the plot icon?

If anyone can help me i'd again be very greatful.

Topper99

Ok. No worries, Iv since found an example on 7.1 which shows me exactly how to do it all. Cheers anyway.

Topper99

1354[/snapback]

Which example is that? Could you let us know so others can benefit?

Also, is there a reason why you are using the xy plot with picture control? It's more efficient and easier to use the standard XY graph indicator on the graph pallette.

Which example is that? Could you let us know so others can benefit?

Also, is there a reason why you are using the xy plot with picture control? It's more efficient and easier to use the standard XY graph indicator on the graph pallette.

1363[/snapback]

The example was from a search of "Mouse" and the vi was "draw graph on events.vi"

Iv since found that this example isnt quite right for the job, so i intend to go back to my original method and plot the position of my mouse on a graph using the mouse's relative coordinates. The problem I'm now experiencing is updating the graph at the time i move my mouse rather than waiting to press the stop button on my GUI.

How can i update the graph with my coordinates as the program runs?

Topper99

Why not put the indicator INSIDE the loop? To keep the history you need to use a shift register. This will buffer your graph data for you.

1394[/snapback]

Ok so i tried that and it seems to work, but then somethings happened to my coordinate capture section. It no longer works and i dont think iv done anything to it.

I believe that im doing the correct thing by using the shift registers but again i dont have any way of checking if it is right or not. :unsure: Could someone shine a light on this for me?

Topper99

Download File:post-586-1092303483.vi

Ok so i tried that and it seems to work, but then somethings happened to my coordinate capture section. It no longer works and i dont think iv done anything to it.

1414[/snapback]

Take a look at the attached code (lv70). I added the shift register. This is what I meant. I am also using the standard XY Graph.

Download File:post-2-1092361238.vi

post-2-1092361270.gif?width=400

Take a look at the attached code (lv70). I added the shift register. This is what I meant. I am also using the standard XY Graph.

1425[/snapback]

Thats gr8. :thumbup: . You probably noticed on my design that there were two mice being read, or at least in position for that to be done. do you know how do distinguish the serial mouse from my ps2 mouse?

Topper99