Acquisition problem with firewire PCI-Express adapter on laptop

I have two prosilica firewire cameras (EC650). One was connected to an old laptop using PCMCIA adapter, and the other to a desktop. Now I got a new laptop and was trying to use the express card (Best connectivity Express Card/34mm, firewire 1394a, 2ports) to connect both. But I'm having trouble to grab images continuously in MAX. Every once a while they would fail to acquire several images. No problem once I connected them back to the desktop firewire (6pin) again. The setups in the MAX are exactly the same. After read this thread http://lavag.org/top...ctable-via-hub/ , I'm thinking to try this 6pin-4pin cable (with power jack) if that's the problem. Had anyone used this type of PCI-e card before? Or is there some setting I need apply?

Btw, I'm running windows 7 64-bit and Labview 2009 (32-bit) on my laptop, while the desktop has windows xp (32b) and llabview 8.5. Don't know if that makes different.

Thanks,

Lei