Building problem Labview 7.1

sassos

Hi all,

I'm trying compiling a VI in Labview 7.1 selecting option "Single target file containing all VIs".

The process ends correctly, but when I try to execute the .exe (from runtime folder) it asks me where to find the ReadTreaces(numeric).vi (it is a polymorphic vi).

How do I can fix that?

Thanks!

Hey Sassos - is that a DSC vi (I haven't used DSC in 7.1)?

I lodged CAR # 243120 for a missing polymorphic in Open Traces.vi.

You can read about it here - its the second issue I raised in the thread - about mid-way down.

Anyways the workaround was to link the actual VI in the code and remove any calls to the polymorphic VI.

Hope that helps?

Cheers

-JG

First of all thanks for the answer!

Then, yes, I'm trying to export some data from a Citadel DB and the VI will work on a machine with the labview runtime...and how can I link the VI?

I noticed that in the "VI setting" tab (in the Build Application windows) I can find any VI utilized in the top level VI but the Read Traces.vi is absent.

Furthermore, if at the end of the building process I run the exe and then insert the missing's VI path, it asks me for other stuff in the historical library...

Bye.

-sassos.

Hey Sassos - is that a DSC vi (I haven't used DSC in 7.1)?

I lodged CAR # 243120 for a missing polymorphic in Open Traces.vi.

You can read about it here - its the second issue I raised in the thread - about mid-way down.

Anyways the workaround was to link the actual VI in the code and remove any calls to the polymorphic VI.

Hope that helps?

Cheers

-JG

• 2 weeks later...