Sychronizing Processes

Hello Everyone,

I currently have 3 parallel processes. 1) handles the user interface. 2) Make calls to the device, and writes it's data to a file. 3) Acquires the sense voltage. 1 & 2 are correlated in some way(same devices), and I would like to synchronize it's task so that it does not do read and writes concurrently. I used a Semophore to seperate the task. However, the problem is that I am not writing to the file at precisely one second, it is off by +15ms every 5 seconds or so. I am considering using a Rendevous instead of a Semaphore, is this the right approach? Thanks in advance.

Vince

Hey nevermind. The problem I had was that I set the timeout for event structure to be 100ms. Once I changed that to 99ms it was pretty accurate. I am still using a semaphore. The main problem I have now is that I don't have access to the hardware we are using, so I've been running in simulation mode. I am quite sure the timing will be influenced by the hardware, and other processes that utilize window's resources. What methods are there to make sure that I write the file at appropriate times. :question: I would hate to recompensate the timeout everytime there is a hardware change. :wacko:

Thanks Again,

Vince