Teststand Property Loader

mrbliss

I have been looking at the property loader to bring in test tolerances instead of editing the program with updated tolerances.

My questions are....

1. How reliable is loading in tolerances using the loader?

2. Does the loader have to put into every sequence or can it be loaded once and propagate all sequences?

3. Is there a way of checking that the tolerances have been loaded?

Thanks

Mark

1. How reliable is loading in tolerances using the loader?

Completely reliable.

2. Does the loader have to put into every sequence or can it be loaded once and propagate all sequences?

The property loader will load properties into variables that the sequence it is in can see. eg: if you have seqeunce locals and station globals, it'll populate them - it won't populate some other sequence's locals.

Not quite sure what you mean by this. If you're asking "can you see the limits that it populates?", then the answer is yes.

Sure - set all your limits to NAN or some other significant value. If you get to the step and that default value isn't replace, the property wasn't loaded.

If you set up the property loader to load specific properties (i.e., you don't tick "Load All Properties") then the loader will throw an error if some properties weren't loaded.

Looks like i got some work to do then. Collegue of mine wants me to give him access to the limits file so that an external program like a web page can change the limits.

I have extracted all the info to a text file. A lot of stuff is repeated....

can i delete the marked to clean the file up witout causing a problem?

<Locals> Variable Value <---- DEL

<FileGlobals> Variable Value <---- DEL

<StationGlobals> Variable Value <---- DEL

XP123 Test Prog <---- DEL

XP123 Test Prog <---- DEL

<Step Name> Comp Limits.String Limits.High Limits.Low

4.13.2.9872 "IgnoreCase" "OK"

4.13.2.9875 "GELE" 672000 661000

Not interested in setting up variables just the limit values.

Thanks for your guidance.

Mark

At some point, I remember reading a document that described the 'correct' structure of property files. I don't know if it was in the help or online, but I didn't find what I was thinking of in a quick search. But to answer your question, if you only want to load step limits:

&lt;Step Name&gt; Comp Limits.String Limits.High Limits.Low4.13.2.9872 "IgnoreCase" "OK" 4.13.2.9875 "GELE" 672000 661000

should work just fine. TIAS.