File IO in SbRIO

Hello all

I am working on the SBrio 9612 board. I am trying to write a text file with the data from the FPGA.

Normally I should be able to write to the Host PC ie to a file on my desktop,by giving a Direct path to the file. but when I try to do this an Error 7 occurs on the create File node.

Can it be a network related problem? (some firewall related stuff which im not aware of)

Should I try to use a network variable to send data to the host and then store it with a Host VI?

Please do suggest me a method to store data, as text file or spread sheet file, either on the desktop or on the Non volatile board memory.

Regards

Labviewster

You won't be able to write a file on your Host-PC (Desktop) directly from the RT-System (sbRIO). But writing to the disk of the sbRIO will do with the standard File I/O VIs, assumed the given path is correct. The syntax is the same as on Windows-PCs, e.g.

c:\ni-rt\test.txt

should be a valid path on your RT-System.

But be aware that File I/O is crucial for RT-Performance. Sending your data to your Host-PC using Network-Variables or the new 2010 Network Streams could be an option, depending upon what exactly your are trying to do.

Cheers,

Swen

Hi,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Well,I got the idea of writing a text file on the host from the following link.

http://decibel.ni.co...t/docs/DOC-9605

The application im developing is to record measurements from some sensors (ie pH and Temperature),measurements have to be made for a long period of time like 24 hrs,and stored for later analysis.

Regards

Labviewster