Remote Panels - Designing an access sub-system based on a kind of proxy-dispatcher system

Hello to everyone,

I am working on the PhD thesis in computer science based on a Web application featuring LV VIs as application server core. The system I would design and develop concerns viewing and controlling a VI remote panel using a Web browser by a managed policy. Currently, an existent LabVIEW Communication Feature enables remote users to View and control a VI front panel using a Web browser only by a default policy that is only one user at time is enabled to interact with a given VI remote panel, others must wait the release of the controller user or a given configured time-out: but if the queue is longer than two no specification about who is the next waiting user to gain the Remote Panel control,. My target is to develop a system based on a configurable policy that would manage either Round-Robin (or LIFO) queuing or concurrent access. Actually, I am new about LV and have done some researches about existing frameworks, LV versions features and constraints, useful technologies, third-part software so that, any suggestion would be appreciate. I have some questions to point to:

1) I have given an overview AppletView software and something like that seems to fit to my needs:

multiple users can control different instances of the same VI

2) I would design an access sub-system based on a kind of proxy-dispatcher system that acts as a server for clients who want to use web browser’s remote panel, and acts as a client of LV server containing VIs. At the same time it manages queuing (or concurrent, if possible) policy when multiple user try to get to the same VI. The sub-system would be based on web services (other than RESTful LV web services)

It is a quite complicate project, but hints, best practice or any kind of starting point would be appreciate.

Thanks in advance