Timed Loop Problem/Bug

JCFC

Hi to all,

I have a Laptop with LV 2010 installed and a remote PC without LabVIEW where I install my programs (it acts like a server), it has some inactive programs made with LV 8.2

I have this program:

svdbtohtmlsnippet.png

And i made an Executable that runs once (just for testing purposes)

I Built an Installer, installed it on both computers and run it

dbsvdbtohtml.png

Time on laptop: ~23 seconds

Time on PC: ~119 seconds (That's right, because the laptop is newer than PC, and I need to execute it every 5 minutes)

The problem start here:

I inserted the VI inside a Timed Loop as pictured (Dt: 1 s, Discard missed Periods, Maintain phase)

pruebadbsnippet.png

And these are the results:

dbpruebadb.png

Time on laptop: ~22 seconds (like the first one and it executed 4 times at the moment of the screenshot)

Time on PC: ~1212 seconds!!! ~20 minutes!!! just one execution on that moment!!!!

Replacing the Timed Loop with a While loop with a Wait until ms multiple give this:

dbpruebadbwhileloop.png

Almost like the first test.

Another test with Timed Loop (Discard missed Periods, Don't maintain phase) took ~20 minutes too.

So it has something to do with a Timed Loop on the PC (because the timed Loop on the Laptop doesn't present any problem) and changing the Timed Loop is the answer (maybe) but why? But i can't figure what can be the problem. Any Clue?

Edited by JCFC

Hi,

A colleague of mine also experienced problems when building exe-files of programs containing timed loops. I too would be interested to hear more about this issue.

UPDATE:

Googling revealed that this seems to be a problem with hyperthreading. Disabling hyperthreading might help.

See, e.g. http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/LabVIEW-crashes-in-timed-loops/m-p/369195

Regards

Martin

Edited by cmh