Modbus I/O server warnings question

I currently have a product out in the field on the customer site that is sending out particle count data via serial modbus. Anytime the customers' DCS polls our module and gets the same data two times in a row, the master device is throwing an error. When we recreate the set up with a LabVIEW master device here in the office, we can see that because the current data is the same as the previous data it is being interpreted as old data. I can only assume this is because the CRC portion of the data packet is being generated according to the data that is being sent. A cRIO module is the slave device and I would like to keep the number of registers and shared variables to a minimum. We currently have a work around using an extra register we don't need and just incrementing a value with every iteration. Does anyone know of some way to indicate to the master Modbus device that the data in the registers is still current even though it is the same as the data that was there the last time it was polled?