Sensor Voltage/Data Acquisition

fra23

Hello everyone, I've been reading these forums and I finally decided to register. I am fairly new to LabVIEW (only been familiar with it for couple months now). I need to program a software for testing sensor voltage. So the sensor will be attached to the stepper motor and it will take measurements over the range of magnetic reading tracks. I finished programming the control of the stepper motor but now I'm on the data acquisition portion of the assignment and I am lost. I will be using a PXI-6224 NI card. Here are the requirements:

- Acquire voltage amplitude of an analog sensor and wait 5 seconds after the movement and then measure

- Measure the voltage over an adjustable time span and adjustable acquisition rate

I need to use a TDM-file.

Any help on how to get started would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I need to use a TDM-file.

Look through the examples that ship with LabVIEW for how to perform DAQ and writing a TDM/TDMS file. The examples are not full applications, but are quite good in showing how to do a specific task.

Tim