NI Vision Assistant - batch processing images returns blank images

Hello,

I am trying to process a series of images using the batch processing in Vision Assistant 8.5. The script I wrote is pretty simple, only 3 steps: extract color plane, set threshold, apply particle filter. In batch processing I have it set up to save the result image of the final step, however when I run the process, the images it saves to disk are all blank (same size, just all black). When I use the script on any single image it does not return a blank image, so I believe it is doing something wrong with the batch processing. I've tried using both the hard disk and the browser as image sources, got the same result. I've also tried checking 'display result image' for all 3 steps and everything appears to be working properly when the process is in action, but again when I open the files they are blank. Has anyone else experienced this? I'd really appreciate any help!

Thanks,

Ed

Update: It seems VA saved the file in a funny way. Each pixel is 1 byte, and thus contains a value between 0 and 255. VA saved the black pixels with value 0 and the white pixels with value 1 (as if each pixel were 1 bit), when the white pixels should have been saved with value 255. Anyone have an easy way to fix this?

Thanks,

Ed

Just figured it out. You need to select "Expand Dynamic of Binary Images" under the setup menu when choosing where to save the files. This solved the problem, hopefully this post will be of use to someone else.