labview doesn't release memory

Hi,

I am programming to convert .bin data file and write it as csv format file.

the test_5 vi is the main vi. 'open file read data 2' reads the data and passes it as an array of clusters elements. the next vi 'convert array test...' converts each element of cluster into string appends the array and writes it into csv format.

the csv format is as follows:

the cluster elements has three parts. first is the data label 2 (string) which is like the main file name. second is data label values 2 which is like sub headings. output spectra is an 3d array. I collect data as an array of 512 elements(1x512). for a complete single data capture i need to collect 7 such arrays. this forms an element of 2d array( 7x512). then i keep on adding these 2d elements which gives me a 3d array(100x7x512 for the data file attached). this forms the output spectra. these 2d elements are captured at specifc intervals as represented by the data labels values 2( array of 100x1). so there are as many elements in the 3d array as the number of elements in data labels values 2. when writing the csv file i have attach each data label values 2 to its 3d element.

in the zip folder i have attached three images which explain my problem. i check the pf usage under performance task of windows task manager and it builds after i run the software for the first time. i have used a small data file at the moment which would be about 1GB in future. labview releases this memory only after close it down entirely. memory deallocation doesn't give back all of it either. even under the processes tab, the memory usage builds up and isn't returned to the system. i expect that it should be the same as it had started with other wise, i won't be able to use large data files or run any other softwares simultaneously.

i have tried reading data in chunks and it doesn't help as well when it comes to returning the memory.

thanking you for in anticipation for looking into the problem

thanks

test_5.vi

open file read data 2.vi

convert aray test and write.vi

data and result.zip