Web Services- get Access to MainVi from WebMethod SubVi

Hey all!

I got a Problem here and hope perhaps you can help me.

I have two VIs: a Main.Vi that constantly produces data and a webmethod.vi (Block Diagram attached), which calls for that data and publish it to the web. I have already set up a WebServer in the ProjectExplorer, where i added the webmethod VI to the Sourcefilelist. This should work fine.

The problem is, that i can not retrieve the data from the Main.vi. Precisely, I don´t get the Ref of the Main.Vi, when I run the Webmethod.vi through the URL. I guess, that the node "Open VI Reference" doesn´t work with Web Services.

Is that so?

What can i do do get this webmethod.vi to work??

Thanks a LOT,

Greetz Fred

post-18615-0-10751500-1305020226_thumb.p

The Web Services VI runs in a different application instance than your main vi, which is why your open VI reference isn't working as expected. There was some discussion of this here. If you get a reference to it in the right instance, you should be able to get it working.

• 2 weeks later...

The Web Services VI runs in a different application instance than your main vi, which is why your open VI reference isn't working as expected. There was some discussion of this here. If you get a reference to it in the right instance, you should be able to get it working.

Hey, thanks for the advise. I gonna have a look!