How to display digital input state?

Hi,

I want to be able to show the state of a digital input pin in real time, and it is harder than I thought it would be.

In the test panels, there is a nice LED to show when the digital input is high or low - I want the same LED on my Labview program so that I know when the program is supposed to be triggered.

I am taking the signal from the same digital trigger that starts the data acquisition from the analogue inputs. The default data output from the digital pin is a 1-D boolean array, and I want to convert this to something that can make and LED indicator turn on and off. E.g. a real-time boolean value.

So far, I have tried converting the 1-d boolean array to string, dynamic data type, array, and number, and then use a logic "greater than zero?" test to try and trigger the LED, but I get no output at all - the value stays at zero even though in the test panels I can see the indicator flashing. If anyone knows how to do this, please let me know.

Cheers

OK, I managed to work it out - I take the 1D array, and use "Index Array", set the index to zero, and the value turns into a boolean value, which can be sent to an LED indicator. You can also create indicator from the output directly, and this will create a line of LEDs in the front panel representing the array values.

Hope this helps others!