Reusing Jim's Dynamic Palette code

Hey all -

I'm working on a harebrained idea for a set of reuse libraries targeted at LVFPGA development. This includes creating palettes for these VIs that only show up in LVFPGA. I have the wherewithal to do that, but unfortunately there are no auto-populating subpalettes of the LVFPGA root palette that only show up in LVFPGA. (User.lib shows up in all targets and contexts.)

So I wonder if I could use Jim's dynamic palette resource from the Open G project to fill this need in LV 2010. I poked around in the code a little, but I'm not sure exactly how it works or what I would need to modify to make it display my subpalette. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I'm working on a harebrained idea for a set of reuse libraries targeted at LVFPGA development. This includes creating palettes for these VIs that only show up in LVFPGA. I have the wherewithal to do that, but unfortunately there are no auto-populating subpalettes of the LVFPGA root palette that only show up in LVFPGA. (User.lib shows up in all targets and contexts.)

Hi Stobber

LabVIEW has functionality to allow reuse VIs to only show up in specific context's (e.g. RT/FPGA).

This article: Developing a VI Based API may help?

Cheers

-JG