Issue with ZLIB

I'm having an odd issue (probably) with openG ZIP tools.

I have a program where I zip a folder and email it. I develop on two machines, "A" and "B". Both are running LV2010sp1 on win7x64, and both have the newest versions of VIPM and OpenG as of this week.

I use "ZLIB compress directory" to zip a whole folder. Default options, nothing fancy.

If I try to attach an archive made from computer "A" or from an executable built on A, the email sends without errors, but never arrives.

If I send from A (or B) with any other file, including zip files made with other programs, they send fine.

If I send a zip file made on B in development or in a B-built exe run on machine B, it sends fine.

What I presume is happening is that something about the zip files created using machine A's ZLIB is subtly malformed enough that the mail server is intercepting the email because it thinks something's wrong.

I don't have access to the mail server for more info. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling openG on machine A with no joy.

Can anyone offer suggestions on troubleshooting Machine A's zip setup?

-B

• 2 weeks later...

How do you select the files?

LabVIEW uses some method to keep track of the last folder after using a browse function, this method causes Windows to mark the folder as locked by LabVIEW.

What you could do to isolate this, is a browse dialog between the original browse dialog and the zip method.

But how can a locked folder/file cause an email not to be sent?

Could you show more code/ work order?

Ton

I don't think there were browse dialogs going anywhere near the locked files - text logs created by an internal library. There are likely to be read/write references open to the current log file.

I'm guessing that something about the .NET method for attaching files will balk (silently!) at locked files, and for some reason this extends to locked files inside a zip. It was clearly this: I could unzip the archive with LV open and Win7 would show a "file locked by LV" error if I tried to copy the files. when attached to an email, zip files with locked files wouldn't send, zip files without would.

I got around the issue by opening a read only reference to the file and copying its contents. Would be nice to understand what's going on, though, as I think I've seen something similar before.