TSVN Toolbar for LabVIEW from ViewPoint Systems

crelf

This looks like a very nice tool. It appears to have better integration into LabVIEW (Source Code Control menu, integration into the Project Explorer, VI Dashboard).

Has anyone got experience with the TSVN Toolbar for LabVIEW from ViewPoint Systems? The features seem pretty neat (user manual here), but I'm wondering why I hadn't heard of it before now...

A google search does not bring up many results, with only one mention on the NI site. A search on the NI site for TSVN Toolbar brings up no results! Odd for an application that was last released over a year ago.

Even more odd is the google code project with an empty repository: http://code.google.com/p/vsi-tsvn-toolbar/

I have been using this tool for for last couple of days and loving it! It integrates really well with Project Explorer.

Initially, I tried the version that you can download from their website (r277). It looked really good in principle as it changed the icon overlay for each item in Project Explorer to match the icon overlay in Windows Explorer. This made things really easy to visually see the status of each item. But it made LabVIEW crash every now and then. Apparently, it was updating the icons that LabVIEW did like.

The guys at Viewpoint Systems recommended that I download the latest version from their ftp server. So now I have r290. No more crashes, but the icon overlays are gone. But it still works great.

One advantage I see for this tool compared to the JKISVN tool is that I don't have to select an item in the Project Explorer and then go to the Tools menu for every action. This tool adds all the SVN functions in the context menu and of course in the toolbar.

The guys at Viewpoint Systems recommended that I download the latest version from their ftp server. So now I have r290. No more crashes, but the icon overlays are gone. But it still works great.

Honestly, this is what makes the tool so appealing in the first place. If there's no overlays, using Windows Explorer is more advantageous to me. I hope they find some way to bring those back.

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...

We just saw the latest version here at VIE (thanks for the demo Erik) and it looks pretty slick - I suggest everyone download it here: http://www.viewpointusa.com/prod_tsvn.php Erik says that it's a beta, although it's a very functional beta. I encourage everyone using LabVIEW and SVN to take a look.

Overlays are back :)

• Like 1