Data flow of a sub vi slower

Hi!

I have a sub vi which makes every times trouble.

I just see that if I run my normal vi and make this special sub vi highlight then the sub vi run without problems and write all the values. But if I disable the highlight in the sub vi I don't get the values. It seem as the sub vi needs time for some steps. How can I make this data flow slower? This sub vi is called with a button (button calls a case structure and inside this is a while loop with the sub vi and some display elements).

Hi Sarah,

If you have pasted your sub-vi into your diagram, then the program flow waits until your sub-vi finished execution (except operations that have parallel dataflows). Your sub-vi executes all the code inside itself until it returns. As the vi is loaded at program-begin in such a situation, there shouldn't be any exception in the sort of exit before loading.

I just see two possibilities:

1. Your sub-vi is not in the main (user interface) loop. There the loop and your sub-vi executes in parallel and your sub-vi is run just in the beginning of programm execution.

2. You call the sub-vi (or a sub-vi in the sub-vi :wacko: ) with vi-server. Then you must be sure to have the method "run vi" with its property "wait until done" set to true.

Didier