Help Setting up GetLongPathName dll call

Hello there,

I am trying and failing to set up a call to the kernall32 function GetFullPathName, I keep getting stuck on these things. Would anybody be able to help me please? I've attached what I have so far but the call just crashes LabVIEW straight away.

Thank you very much as ever,

Martin

post-13935-0-63180000-1319493637_thumb.p

post-13935-0-30347600-1319493942.png

Need type definitions for DWORD, LPTRSTR, LPCTSTR.

your return type is definitely not double.

but convention would say that your function prototype should look like:

int32_t GetLongPathName(const char* lpszshortpath, const char* lpszlongpath, int32_t ccBuffer)

Check this out:

http://www.codeproject.com/Tips/76252/What-are-TCHAR-WCHAR-LPSTR-LPWSTR-LPCTSTR-etc

I think that lpszshortpath is expecting a Unicode string, so you may have to convert the actual string you put in from ANSI to Unicode.

~Jon

If you're worried about a tidy block diagram, you don't need either allocations - just wire in 260 to the buffer length terminals and configure the CLN to use that input as the Minimum Length for the output buffer. You'll over-allocate in most cases, but what's a few bytes among friends?

Also, you don't need to run most of these utility APIs in the UI thread.

post-13461-0-70569300-1319516722.png

As you tidy up the BD keep in mind that nobody would use these functions back to back since that is simply path to string. Basically I wanted a short path to verify the long path worked. As to the length, most of these functions will return the necessary length if you call with a null buffer (Length=0).

As you tidy up the BD keep in mind that nobody would use these functions back to back since that is simply path to string. Basically I wanted a short path to verify the long path worked. As to the length, most of these functions will return the necessary length if you call with a null buffer (Length=0).

Not sure if this was directed at me, but I'm aware ;)

One things to keep in mind if you're going to act on the return value is that if the buffer is too small, the function returns the *size of the buffer* you need for the string; if the buffer is big enough, it returns the *length of the string* (no null terminator).