Replace missing SubVI with different name

Hi,

i just had again the problem my colleague has changed the names of our subvis :thumbdown: and now my VIs do not find the correct VIs. I know the correct VIs but it is annoying to go to every VI and change the reference myself and in the VI missing dialog form LV I only can select VIs with the same name. :headbang: .

Has anybody already the same problem or an idea how to change the subVIs with VI scripting. :lightbulb:

Close all vi's that call the old subvi. Rename the new subvi so it has the same name as the new subvi. Open all vi's that call the old subvi. Open the new subvi (that currently has the old name) and save it with the new name. All calling vi's will update their paths to the subvi.

Close all vi's that call the old subvi. Rename the new subvi so it has the same name as the new subvi. Open all vi's that call the old subvi. Open the new subvi (that currently has the old name) and save it with the new name. All calling vi's will update their paths to the subvi.

2239[/snapback]

That works. :thumbup:

thanks

alex

But still a lot to do manually, especially when you have lot of VIs and even more subVIs.

I am going to make a research if it is not possible to change the subVI names directly in the main VI.

Ciao.