Modifying cluster of controls in sub-vi

Hi

I am trying to modify a cluster of controls that is passed by to a sub-vi. The cluster contains will have text, color and position modified. This should be done dynamically during runtime. The number of controls is also a variable, althought the max is set at 16. I know how to pass a reference of a single object to a sub-vi but I cannot figure out how access the clusters individual components in the sub vi. Does any one have example code that I could look at which would explain this to me. I have include a little vi of the interface I am trying to create.

Thanks

John

Download File:post-676-1097537194.vi

Yes, that is what I want to do with one change. Instead of being a Boolean data type being passed, it is a cluster containing controls and text.

My problem is that the new subvi does not know how to access the property nodes of the text and controls that are in that cluster. Is there a way I can type cast the reference in the new vi to be able to access the property nodes of the items in the cluster?

Yes, that is what I want to do with one change.  Instead of being a Boolean data type being passed, it is a cluster containing controls and text. 

My problem is that the new subvi does not know how to access the property nodes of the text and controls that are in that cluster.  Is there a way I can type cast the reference in the new vi to be able to access the property nodes of the items in the cluster?

2273[/snapback]

you could try to use VI Server to access front pannel of a CallerVI, and using method "SetControllValues" to that controll You want to. Did I got it wrong?

post-744-1097651129.jpg?width=400