Little bitly urls

Cat

I fully support using full URLs in posts. I, as a matter of course, do not click on shorted URLs, since I don't know where it is going to take me.

On a side note: If you use Firefox, there is an add-on(Long URL Please) that converts the shorten URLs to their destination URLs. I have found it works fairly well.

Edited by Ryan Podsim
I'm getting frustrated, thanks to some of you (Crelf!). I keep getting status updates in my work inbox about neat sounding LabVIEW-related things, but when I click on them, I can't access the site. Probably because all those shortened t.co addresses are aliases for shortened bit.ly addresses which is a domain controlled by the Libyan government. :ph34r:

She's on to us! <sound-of-circling-helicopters>

Sorry Cat - I fully support the concept that links in posts should be full, as there's no reason for them not to be. My guess is that I've pasted them from somewhere else: sorry about that, I'll be more vigilent in future.

As an aside: we use bitly to shorten links in our @lavag twitter feed - it gives us metrics on clicks, so we can see what stuff y'all are actually interested in. Apparently you like cats.

If you use Chrome, I've installed this extension and it seems to work pretty good. :thumbup1:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/limjcpdphjbhdldhiahblmfadfaciaok

It replaces the shortened link with the original URL. This is displayed in the lower left of the browser window, out you can right-click copy and paste to the URL field.

Sorry Cat - I fully support the concept that links in posts should be full, as there's no reason for them not to be.

No biggie! I learned some interesting things about .ly domains today. And it's always an eye-opener to see that big security warning. :-)

so we can see what stuff y'all are actually interested in. Apparently you like cats.

LOL! Doesn't everyone? :P

Firefox? Chrome?? I'm stuck with Internet Explorer 7, fer gawd sakes. :throwpc:

But I will check into these add-ons for my home box. Thanks!