Setting class default palette

erikw

Is there a way to set the default palette for a LV class using VI scripting?

I'm trying to make a tool that automatically creates palettes for classes, to make it possible to reach all member functions by right-clicking on a wire. I got a pretty good idea on how to create the palettes, except I haven't found any way of setting the class default palettes. Any ideas on this? Or does anyone have any smart tips on class default palettes?

Best regards

Erik

There's a utility which does this here, but it requires installing the JKI RCF for accessing the right click functionality. You can either install it or try adapting the tool to something you can use, like a QD shortcut.

Another option is to set your accessors to be available through property nodes and then you can easily select them just like any other property. This doesn't apply to all the VIs in the class, but if many of them do have a single parameter, it can save you enough time to be worth it. I think it's worth it anyway because it makes the code much cleaner and easier to read.