Control System Simulation

tarunag7

I am trying to find out the settling time and rise time of a control system using simulation Module

I have created the vi .But the problem that i am facing is to find out the values from the given data( i.e from the collector block).

I want to find out the maximum value and the time at wahich the maximum value is achieved.

similarly the time at which value gets settled and the corresponding value.

Can any body plz help me in this regard.

Untitled 1.vi

The collector block returns a cluster with two arrays: Time and Signal.  Use Unbundle by Name or Unbundle to extract the arrays. You can then use Array Max/Min on the Signal array to find the maximum value - the value and index will be returned.  Use Index Array on the Time array to extract the corresponding time:

post-19194-0-83133800-1357146087.png

Repeat for settling time.  You'll need to figure out how you want to determine the settling time of your system.  You may want to find where the value stops changing or doesn't change by more than a percentage or maybe you know an exact value.  The idea is the same - search the array for a certain value, use the index of this value to retrieve the corresponding time.