I'm new

Racer

I didn't know if this was the right place to post this message, I'm sure someone will let me know if it isn't

I've been using Labview for about a month now, and I think I'm getting along with it fairly well. I think I like the program more than the program likes me, but I think we'll work that out. I've just found this News Group, and I'm very happy. I've got a couple of questions though.

Do any of the developers visit this NG? Seasoned veteran users are cool, but sometimes one needs to ask a developer.

I'm an avid HP calculator user (RPN!), and I was wondering if anyone else here was. If so, is there anyone here that also frequents comp.sys.hp48? That's the only other NG I frequent (usually lurking :( ) and It would be nice to see some familiar people.

--CS

Hi Racer:

I'm also a devout HP RPN calculator user, have been since my Bowmar Brain decided to quit the night before my first hour exam as an engineering student in 1974. On my 4th HP now, or maybe its my 5th, a 15C--- Given the price of a replacement on eBay, I hope this one lasts till Hell freezes over, or at least till I retire.

Nice thing about the 15C is that it does what I want it to without any fuss, so I don't need to belong to any user's groups for it.

I have used RPN in LabView too-- needed to give a client a flexible user-programmable tool for doing math on the data his program was collecting, so I wrote an equation parser that reads and executes RPN. (Writing homebrew interpreters ain't for the faint of heart, but if you're going to do it, RPN is the way to go. I think NI has added a parser to LV itself since I wrote that code, a good thing.)

Welcome to the LabView world-- very different from RPN, but in a funny way it fits the RPN temperament, so I think you'll end up getting along fine with it.

Best Regards, Lou